A Funny Christmas Song!

Although Christmas has gone, I hope the song “I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas” still cheer you up!

Lời bài hát: "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas Only a hippopotamus will do Don’t want a doll, no dinky Tinker Toy I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas I don’t think Santa Claus will mind, do you? He won’t have to use our dirty chimney flue Just bring him through the front door, that’s the easy thing to do

I can see me now on Christmas morning, creeping down the stairs Oh what joy and what surprise when I open up my eyes To see a hippo hero standing there

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas Only a hippopotamus will do No crocodiles, no rhinoceroses I only like hippopotamuses And hippopotamuses like me too

Mom says the hippo would eat me up, but then Teacher says a hippo is a vegeterian

There’s lots of room for him in our two-car garage I’d feed him there and wash him there and give him his massage I can see me now on Christmas morning, creeping down the stairs Oh what joy and what surprise when I open up my eyes To see a hippo hero standing there

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas Only a hippopotamus will do No crocodiles or rhinoceroseses I only like hippopotamuseses And hippopotamuses like me too!"

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas is a Christmas novelty song written by John Coctoasten and performed by Gayla Peevey in 1953. It is a Dr. Demento Christmas staple, and is currently available on Dr. Demento’s The Greatest Novelty Records of All Time Vol. 6: Christmas.

Here’s an interesting fact about the popular Christmas hippopotamus song - in 1953 a ten-year-old girl from Oklahoma, Gayla Peevey sang the song as a way to raise money for the Oklahoma City Zoo’s first hippopotamus. It became a nationwide hit after that, although John Rox wrote the song “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas” in 1950! The song was not written specifically for the Oklahoma zoo, its just that when they needed the hippo the song came out so the Christmas hippopotamus song just fitted in.

Source: I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas Lyrics Hippopotamus: con hà mã.