Food Analysis, Fourth Edition (Food Science Texts Series)

Item status: Normal @ Created: 2010-07-06 @ Updated: 2010-07-06 @ Tag: Food Analysis Food Analysis, Fourth Edition (Food Science Texts Series) by: S. Suzanne Nielsen en

1441914773 9781441914774 Food Analysis (Food Science Texts Series) By S. Suzanne Nielsen

•Publisher: Springer •Number Of Pages: 550 •Publication Date: 2010-04-22 •ISBN-10 / ASIN: 1441914773 •ISBN-13 / EAN: 9781441914774 Product Description:

This book provides information on the techniques needed to analyze foods in laboratory experiments. All topics covered include information on the basic principles, procedures, advantages, limitations, and applications. This book is ideal for undergraduate courses in food analysis and is also an invaluable reference to professionals in the food industry. General information is provided on regulations, standards, labeling, sampling and data handling as background for chapters on specific methods to determine the chemical composition and characteristics of foods. Large, expanded sections on spectroscopy and chromatography also are included. Other methods and instrumentation such as thermal analysis, ion-selective electrodes, enzymes, and immunoassays are covered from the perspective of their use in the analysis of foods. A website with related teaching materials is accessible to instructors who adopt the textbook.

Summary: academic manual Rating: 2 This is an instructor’s manual for a college-level course. If you’re looking for something of general interest, such as a calorie-counting book, this is not for you. Table of contents includes government regulations and standards, compositional analysis and chemical properties, spectroscopy, chromatography, and physical properties of foods. Chapter 1 starts with multiple choice questions that refer to pages in another text.

Summary: Food Analysis Rating: 5 This text book is required by the professor for the course my daughter taking for her 4th year in bio-engineering and is available in the university bookstore at twice the price we paid at Amazon. The delivery time for Amazon is amazingly fast, virtually overnight for Amazon Prime account, my daughter is completely satisfied with it. I would advise those who are attending college to make Amazon as the first stop for their text book needs.

Summary: review for suzanne nielsen food analysis Rating: 5 i found it a very good book to understand the basics of spectroscopy and chromatography in addition to other analysis procedures.

Summary: A must for food chemists and food analysist Rating: 5 The book handles all the techniques, principles and recommended applications regarding sampling, proximate analysis and special analysis for the main components in foods, carbohydrate, protein and fats. It also includes an excellent review on the biochemical and instrumental methods. I would recommend a second book regarding the special analysis for the food groups. I lecture on food analysis and found it to be an excellent support for my course.

Summary: food analysis Rating: 1 dear sirs, as a matter of fact ,we need to know if this book is usefull for processing of potato chips and can this book help us for using a better technology for oil consumption in our production.since we are researching on how we can reduce oil in potato chips.

[Kiemnghiemthucpham.blogspot.com]_Food Analysis (Food Science Texts Series)

Pass to download: kiemnghiemthucphamblog